The American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Criteria, 3rd Edition, is the most widely used and comprehensive set of guidelines for assessment, placement, treatment planning, continued service, and transfer/discharge of clients with substance use and co-occurring disorders. The Criteria utilizes six dimensions to form a broad assessment, which provides information for service and treatment planning across all levels of care.
This online interactive series will provide collaborative training and practice opportunities essential to the development and/or refinement of applying the ASAM Criteria in a clinical setting. Emphasis is placed on applying the ASAM Criteria for in-depth assessment, proper placement, service and treatment planning, continued service, and transfer/discharge of clients.
Every Tuesday, August 10 – September 21, 2021 from 12:00 – 1:30 pm MT / 1:00 – 2:30 pm CT
- Understand and describe the continuum of care by Levels of Service
- Demonstrate understanding and application of the Six-Dimensional Assessment for placement into a level of care
- Explain the 0-4 Risk Rating and overall Severity Rating for proper level of care recommendations
- Develop behavioral focused treatment goals based on Six-Dimensional Assessment properly using Six-Dimensional Assessment results
- Discuss and demonstrate understanding of the Continued Service, Transfer, and Discharge Criteria
- Behavioral Health, Substance Use Disorders, and Recovery Service providers located in HHS Region 8 (Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming)
- Providers that have a baseline knowledge and current utilization of the ASAM Criteria in clinical practice
PARTICIPANT COMMITMENT & EXPECTATIONS
- Access to appropriate technology to utilize Zoom videoconferencing platform (internet connection, webcam, laptop/tablet, speakers and microphone)
- Attend a one-hour online Orientation on Tuesday, August 10, 2021 at 12:00 pm MT / 1:00 pm CT
- Commit to 6-weeks of online training for 1.5 hours weekly from August 17 – September 21, 2021
- Complete weekly self-study learning activities
- Read Chapters 1 & 7 in The ASAM Criteria, 3rd Edition prior to the session on August 17
- Margarete Loghry, LCSW, LICSW
- Nick Tangeman, MSW, LADC
THERE IS NO COST TO PARTICIPATE: The first 40 registrants will receive a waiver that covers the entire $350 cost of participation. Due to limited enrollment, if you cannot commit to the full participant requirements, please defer this registration opportunity to others. Registration is not transferable to another person.
NOTE: Registrants enrolled in this series are expected to attend the August 10 and August 17 sessions. In addition, it is expected that participants will have access to the appropriate technology by August 17 in order to fully participate and be on camera at least 90% of the time. This is not a webinar series and active participation to gain/improve skills are required.
If you do not receive a welcome email August 9, please check your spam folder.
CONTINUING EDUCATION: The series has been approved for a total of 16 contact hours (15-hours content instruction and one-hour orientation session) through the National Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC), International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC), and the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) ACEP No. 6492. CE credit will be awarded at the conclusion of the series for full-session participation. Make-up work will not be provided or accepted for missed sessions.
The knowledge and skills learned should be applied within the framework of any applicable Operating and/or Credentialing regulations in your State of practice.
QUESTIONS: Please contact the MPATTC Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 866-617-2816 (toll-free).