Workwise: Motivational Interviewing – Into Practice (MI-IP)
Would you like to enhance your current knowledge and also practice how to effectively use Motivational Interviewing (MI)? This series will provide a 20-hour curriculum that covers topics and provides interactive practice opportunities essential to the development and/or refinement of MI skills and relational style. Emphasis is placed on the “intentional use” of MI skills to identify a change goal, resolve ambivalence and increase motivation for change.
Every Thursday, April 2 – May 28, 2020 from 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT/ 2:00 – 3:30 pm CT
- Describe the relationship between the process of change, ambivalence and Motivational Interviewing
- State the reason(s) for choosing and using a specific MI skill at a particular moment
- Demonstrate evoking Change Talk
- Discern between intentional and non-directional use of MI skills
- Conduct a personal assessment and develop an individualized MI Strengths & Growth Opportunities plan
- Behavioral Health, Substance Use Disorders, Mental Health, and Recovery Service providers located in HHS Region 8 (Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming)
Participant Commitment & Expectations
- In order to be eligible and register for the MI-IP Series, applicants are required to complete the 4-hour, free, self-paced, online course Tour of MI: An Interprofessional Road Map for Behavior Change and submit an electronic copy of your certificate of completion during the registration process. TOUR OF MI CEUs: Participants can take the Tour of MI course and receive a FREE Certificate of Completion. CEUs are offered at an additional price of $20.00.
- Access to appropriate technology to utilize Zoom videoconferencing platform (internet connection, webcam, laptop/tablet, speakers and microphone)
- View a 20-minute tutorial on how to use the Zoom videoconferencing platform
- Attend a one-hour online Orientation on April 2, 2020 at 1:00 pm MT / 2:00 pm CT
- Commit to 8-weeks of online training for 1.5 hours weekly from April 2 – May 28, 2020
- Complete weekly self-study learning activities
- Paul Warren, LMSW
- Amy Shanahan, MS, CADC
There is No Cost to Participate:
The first 40 registrants will receive a waiver that covers the entire $350 cost of participation. Due to limited enrollment, if you cannot commit to the full participant requirements, please defer this registration opportunity to others.
Registrants enrolled in this series are expected to attend the April 2nd and April 9th sessions. In addition, it is expected that participants will have access to the appropriate technology by April 16th in order to fully participate and be on camera at least 90% of the time. This is not a webinar series and active participation to gain/improve skills are required.
The series has been approved for a total of 21 contact hours (20 hours content instruction and one hour orientation session) through the National Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC), International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC), and the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) ACEP No. 6492. No credit will be awarded for non-attendance or partial attendance.
The knowledge and skills learned should be applied within the framework of any applicable Operating and/or Credentialing regulations in your State of practice.
Please contact the MPATTC Workwise Staff at email@example.com or by phone at 775-784-6265 or 866-617-2816 (toll-free).