Technology-Based Clinical Supervision Extended Online Series
Would you like the opportunity to enhance your current knowledge or learn how technology can provide an innovative way to approach clinical supervision? This series will provide a 20-hour curriculum that covers topics essential to the development and/or improvement of skills when using technology to conduct clinical supervision in behavioral health settings.
Every Wednesday, July 13 – September 7, 2022, 11:00 am – 12:30 pm Mountain/12:00 – 1:30 pm Central
- Understand the role of technology in conducting clinical supervision
- Demonstrate knowledge of technology-based clinical supervision and application in practice
- Experience conducting technology-based clinical supervision
- Identify the therapeutic alliance via technology
- Understand the legal and jurisdictional implications for conducting technology-based clinical supervision
Target Audience are Clinical Supervisors Who:
- Work in the behavioral health, substance use disorders, and recovery support services field located in the Mountain Plains ATTC region (HHS Region 8)
- Have two (2) years clinical supervision experience and understand the concepts of supervision
- Support the idea of using technology to provide clinical supervision
- Are currently using or contemplating using technology during supervision
Participant Commitment & Expectations:
- Attend a live 1-hour Orientation on Wednesday, July 13 at 11:00 am MT/12:00 pm CT
- Commit to 8-weeks of training, for 1.5 hours weekly on scheduled series day/time and complete 1-hour of weekly learning activities
- Access to appropriate technology to utilize online videoconferencing platform (i.e., an internet connection, built-in or USB webcam, laptop/tablet, built-in/USB/Bluetooth speakers and microphone)
- Be prepared and actively engage while on camera 90% of the scheduled series time
There is no cost to participate in a series.
The first 35 registrants will receive a scholarship that covers the entire $350 cost to participate. Once the 35 spots have been filled, registration will be closed. Due to limited enrollment, if you cannot commit to the full requirements, please defer this opportunity to others.
Registrants enrolled in this series are required to attend the first two weeks. If you cannot attend these sessions, you will forfeit your spot to attend. In addition, it is expected that participants will have access to the appropriate technology by Week 3 to fully participate and be on camera at least 90% of the time. This is not a webinar series and active participation is required to gain/improve skills.
The series has been approved for a total of 21 contact hours (20-hours content instruction and 1-hour orientation session) through the National Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC), International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC), and the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) ACEP No. 6492. No credit will be awarded for non-attendance or partial attendance. The knowledge and skills learned should be applied within the framework of any applicable Operating and/or Credentialing regulations in your State of practice.
If you have questions, please email the MPATTC Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 775-784-6265 or 866-617-2816 (toll-free).