ASAM Integration (ASAM-I)
The American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Criteria, 3rd Edition, is the most widely used and comprehensive set of guidelines for assessment, placement, treatment planning, continued service, and transfer/discharge of clients with substance use and co-occurring disorders. The Criteria utilizes six dimensions to form a broad assessment, which provides information for service and treatment planning across all levels of care.
This online interactive series will provide collaborative training and practice opportunities essential to the development and/or refinement of applying the ASAM Criteria in a clinical setting. Emphasis is placed on applying the ASAM Criteria for in-depth assessment, proper placement, service and treatment planning, continued service, and transfer/discharge of clients.
Every Wednesday, May 20 – July 1, 2020 from 10:00 – 11:30 am MT / 11:00 am – 12:30 pm CT
- Understand and describe the continuum of care by Levels of Service
- Demonstrate understanding and application of the Six-Dimensional Assessment for placement into a level of care
- Explain the 0-4 Risk Rating and overall Severity Rating for proper level of care recommendations
- Develop behavioral focused treatment goals based on Six-Dimensional Assessment properly using Six-Dimensional Assessment results
- Discuss and demonstrate understanding of the Continued Service, Transfer, and Discharge Criteria
- Behavioral Health, Substance Use Disorders, and Recovery Service providers located in HHS Region 8 (Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming)
- Providers that have a baseline knowledge and current utilization of the ASAM Criteria in clinical practice
PARTICIPANT COMMITMENT & EXPECTATIONS
- Access to appropriate technology to utilize Zoom videoconferencing platform (internet connection, webcam, laptop/tablet, speakers and microphone)
- View a 20-minute tutorial on how to use the Zoom videoconferencing platform
- Attend a one-hour online Orientation on Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 10:00 am MT / 11:00 am CT
- Commit to 6-weeks of online training for 1.5 hours weekly from May 27 – July 1, 2020
- Complete weekly self-study learning activities
- Read Chapter 1 & 7 in The ASAM Criteria, 3rd Edition prior to the session on May 27
- Jamee Millsap, MA, LADC, LADC-S
- Shawna Chandler, MSW, LCSW
THERE IS NO COST TO PARTICIPATE:
The first 40 registrants will receive a waiver that covers the entire $250 cost of participation. Due to limited enrollment, if you cannot commit to the full participant requirements, please defer this registration opportunity to others.
NOTE: Registrants enrolled in this series are expected to attend the May 20 and May 27 sessions. In addition, it is expected that participants will have access to the appropriate technology by May 27 in order to fully participate and be on camera at least 90% of the time. This is not a webinar series and active participation to gain/improve skills are required.
CONTINUING EDUCATION: The series has been approved for a total of 16 contact hours (15-hours content instruction and one-hour orientation session) through the National Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC), International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC), and the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) ACEP No. 6492. CE credit will be awarded at the conclusion of the series for full-session participation. Make-up work will not be provided or accepted for missed sessions.
The knowledge and skills learned should be applied within the framework of any applicable Operating and/or Credentialing regulations in your State of practice.
Disclaimer: “ASAM,” “American Society of Addiction Medicine,” “ASAM Logo,” the ASAM logos and taglines, are registered trademarks of ASAM, and are used with permission. Use of these terms is prohibited without permission of ASAM. Use of these trademarks does not constitute endorsement of this training, product, or practice by ASAM.
QUESTIONS: Please contact the MPATTC Staff at email@example.com or by phone at 866-617-2816 (toll-free).